Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Just A Little Introduction

Hi all!  My name is Nicki.  I am a SAHM to 3 beautiful children, Aiden who is 8, Remington who is 4 and beautiful Miss Gracie who is 2!  These kiddos are my WORLD, but sometimes staying home can get a little monotonous, I'm sure non of you know THAT feeling! 

My MIL bought me a sewing machine when we were Black Friday shopping in 2008, I was pregnant...sadly we never got to meet that little dear, but by the next Black Friday I had my precious little Remington (he was actually born on Black Friday, how neat is that)...however since I wanted the machine to sew for a little girl and didn't get one until a couple years later, the machine made an AWFUL set of curtains for the nursery and sat in the box. The minute though that the DR thought Gracie might be a girl (the sonogram wasn't too clear) I started learning to SEW!  At first it was rag quilts...actually I made everything for her room and it's still all together, lol!!! Then onto pillowcase dresses and then I found PDF patterns.  I have to say they changed my life for the better, they gave this mom a little bit of purpose and I must say my darling is one of the best dressed lil things in our hick town, and I couldn't be prouder of myself and her for wearing it all so well!

So that is the reason I decided to start a lil blog so that I could share all the fun patterns I get to test and the fun things that I just make for us in general! 

Also I forgot to mention, I do have a husband, lol, we don't want that guy to feel left out at all, as he funds the whole operation around here :)  His name is Johnny and we couldn't love him more, I wish I could say he was my HS sweetheart but we weren't quiet lucky enough to realize we were meant to be just then...I will say he was one of my best friends and I LOVED his hugs...he made a lasting impression so a few years later when a random Johnny found me on social media and I realized it was him (I almost ignored it, lol)  I couldn't have been more excited or pleased...fast forward to now...we have 3 BEAUTIFUL kids and are living the American Dream the best we can!  

I want to share my most recent family picture with you all, but darn if it isn't stuck on the photographers computer...I sewed ALL of our clothes...well not the guys pants, but it was a chore non the less...maybe one day soon!!! For now the best I have is our fun little picture from last summer...we are all now a year older, but basically this is us!!!  Forgive the glare, they were framed before we left TN and I didn't want to remove the nails!  I don't have much luck getting EVERYONE on front of the camera often...



 


It was SEW nice to meet you all, but now I must be off to my machine, I have had a couple little cotton swimsuits sitting there cut out and embroidered for a few weeks now for 2 special little girls and I cut myself a pair of linen shorts yesterday, that will be interesting as it will be my first time with a zipper...wish me luck and look for a couple fun reviews for CKC and Greensyle in the next few days...until then...this Momma Duck is bidding her farewell!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment