Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A little late 4th of July love! (Sweet Bow Dress from Patterns For Pirates & CKC Raelyn's Triple Ruffle Bow Shorts)

Hi all...I made it back pretty quickly there didn't I, lol!!!

I decided though that it wasn't to late to share this one with you all, even though it was her 4th of July outfit, I still feel the need to share it!  

I was selected a month or so ago to be a part of Patterns For Pirates test for her latest release Sweet Bow Dress/Top!!!  Her patterns are SEW cute, this was actually the 2nd time I got to test for her as I got to do the Bucaneer BBall Shorts as well.




My oldest there Aiden, if he wants to take a good picture he can, but boy we were so swamped with baseball practice when I did this!  We live 20 miles from town so we go and hang out at Great Grandma's house and I had to just snap some photos next to her shed, he only wanted to go EAT!  Anyway he was so proud of these shorts (he went to practice and told them all that HIS Momma made his shorts, they didn't believe him, little boys, can you believe that :)) and so were the little ones...they ofcourse had to be included!  Miss Gracie's shorts were my modified version but I do believe she has since released Sporty Shorts.

Wow, I thought I started out to let you all in on the Sweet Bow Top...looks as if I got a little bit distracted...but those shorts were sew cute and sew are ALL my kids so I wanted to share!

Anyway back to the task at hand, Sweet Bow.  Gracie wears a 3T and I was one of 3 testers for that size and we got to pick if we wanted to do dress or top...I was still pondering what in the world I should do for her July 4th outfit and that bow made my decision!  I had one yard of star fabric that I had ordered from Fabric Outlet...she BTW has great sales on Thursdays and just the cutest fabrics with great prices at that and then I ordered a flat rate envelope filled with surprise left over goodies from Mama Made and Beautiful (now that's a closed group that you will have to ask to join if you are interested in preorders and great deals on fabric in general).  In this envelope she had the cutest 4th of July inspired chevron, I think it may have been Riley Blake.  So these fabrics were a must for me and I just didn't want to add anything else to the mix, so I worked on it and used some blue scraps and made my little beauty queen a Sweet Bow Top and a pair of Create Kids Couture Raelyns Triple Ruffle Bow shorts.  Through this blog, since we are still getting to get to know each other I will warn you that you will read a lot about CKC, they were my first love for PDF's so I own ALOT :)  They are sew easy to follow too!

Drumroll...what you've all been DYING to see...I just know...because she is so darn pretty...my little Miss Gracie in her patriotic wear...


The embroidery actually says "All American Girl" I'm just a little bit new to all of that so I did American in a silver thread so it didn't really show up...oopsy...but I did add tiny little crystals so it totally blinged in person!  I can't tell you how many oohs and ahhhs she got and how many "I can't believe you made that"  And yes I DID!  The front of this top is sew sweet with it's sweetheart neckline and the shorts with all those ruffles...LOVE!  But the best part, well the best part is the back...wait for it...


That BOW...isn't it TDF!  I just love love love this top, which can also be a dress...don't forget...one day soon I will have to do that version for you guys so stay tuned!

But anyway, I hope you all enjoyed meeting my kids and seeing some fun patterns in action...I also shared a couple of my favorite places to buy fabric from with you, how sweet am I?  Just kidding :)

If you love bows and ruffles go check out Patterns For Pirates Sweet Bow Dress/Top and CKC's Raelyn's Triple Ruffle Bow Shorts

Now to send you all off with visions of an angel...a few more...




This time I really am going to go and sew a little!  Have a good day!  Until next time, Bye-Bye!!! Momma Duck is out!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Obviously, I love those shorts and the top is really cute too! Great job Nicki and cute top Patterns for Pirates! Love that big bow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! We love Raelyns and always have to include CKC in our special wear! I just got our family pictures back so stay tuned for Cora's!

      Delete