Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Adelaide (CKC)

Hey everyone!  YESTERDAY CKC released a beautiful new dress that I was completely honored to get to test back in July!  My internet was SUPER slow yesterday and it's not much better today. but atleast it's allowing me to get on and do this...my wifi router is unplugged for now :(



Isn't it gorgeous?!?  This is CKC's Adelaide!  I just LOVE the ruffle around the neck!  The embellished waist band is actually one of her Daddy's belts that I hacked up :)  He never even knew he had it so when he found the D-Rings the kiddos had made off with he was confused when I told him what they came from! His loss was definitely Gracie's gain though! The belt started to immediately fray when I cut it into strips so to stop that I used my lighter and sealed all the raw edges, I'm almost as bad as a smoker when it comes to missing lighters..I need them for my projects!  

I'm finally able to get a few links up so use them and go grab this one while it's still 40% off, it's definitely worth it!


In the pattern they said they didn't like the look of the rolled hem for the ruffle, but I'm lazy so I did it anyway and I think it looks great on ours...it even adds a little bit of extra interest.  I also elected to finish the arm openings with a rolled hem as well. 

The fabric is another Wal-Mart find :) I've been showing you all a lot of those, but I promise, if you could see my stash most of it did not come from there, this however did and I love it!  I actually bought it to make the CKC Sage's with!  They are one of my all time favorite pair of pants and the modeled photos included in the pattern use anchor print...I was in such a rush to make them that I ran and bought this from the first store I went to but it wasn't the same so I never did and I'm glad because this was the perfect use for it! 

A lot of the photos that I saw shared yesterday while we were hiding from the heat in my car at football practice had a long sleeve top underneath them..the designer, Morgan, says this is the perfect dress for all seasons, and I agree, there is nothing odd about it with a top under!  I'd show you too, BUT, the darn internet, I wouldn't be able to edit so I'm just going to send you all over to the CKC Pattern group so you can take a look yourself.  If your not a member you will have to ask to join and then you can do a search for Adelaide and see what I'm referring to!


I think everytime I get to test a new dress for CKC it instantly becomes my favorite, this one is no exception to that...it's sooooo beautiful!  She has worn it out a few times now and the compliments are never ending!

One of the great things about it is that it comes with 3 options for length, top, dress, or maxi like I have shown you!  It also has the option for a ruffle or a band, I did ruffle because we are just ruffle kind of girls :)  I'd really love to see this dress in my size I think! HINT HINT :)

But today I have a crazy dress that only lives in my head RIGHT NOW to create...we have to get it out of there!  Its a mash of about 4 different CKC dresses and I am beyond excited to see if it works the way I want it to!  I will definitely be sharing it with you ASAP...no model, but she's not even here yet and it's a gift for her baby shower, so no model will have to do!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my version of CKC Adelaide and don't forget to get it before this evening...the sale only lasts for 24 hours! 


AND now to share my FAVORITE photos with you...


I only wish I was half as beautiful as my daughter!


Now here's a couple more for good measure :)





Happy Sewing!






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I just braided it...maybe twisted...I think 3 was too bulky...the sash is one that is sewn into the seams so it was really easy to just attach the belt to the front!

      Delete