Monday, August 18, 2014

Pretty little horse!!! (CKC Olivia's & Applique Junkie)

Hello!!!  I don't have time to do a super long post but anyway I did this little outfit around about midnight the other night for a birthday gift and I just thought it was the cutest thing EVER!

Even though I only bothered to take super BAD cell photos, I still wanted to share....I will do another top later for Miss Gracie as well, then you can see it better!!!

 

The pants are Olivia's Ruffle Butt Capris from CKC, only instead of adding all the fun ruffles I just did the one big ruffle on the bottom of the pants!  I chose this pattern to be my staple ruffle pant pattern...you see, I can add a couple more ruffles or attach them differently and get all sorts of different looks from just this one pattern. They are supposed to have one teeny tiny little ruffle right around the top of the big one as well as three on the back end but since this outfit was made for a little girl who likes things rather simple I didn't do all that and they are still lovely!  

I got the denim from Wal-Mart as well as the little top, it was on clearance for $2.50....but extremely hard to find as they have already sorted out all of the short sleeves for long sleeves and it's still gonna be a while before we need long sleeves here in Texas, who knows what they are thinking.  I had to change my color scheme just a bit and go with a white horse with pink hair (although it looks yellow because of poor photo quality...sorry) instead of the other way like I planned because I couldn't find a white shirt, but that's ok, because I LOVE it this way! 

The applique came from Applique Junkie, I believe she is called Holly the Happy Heart Horse.  She stitched out just fine for me aside from a little bit of user error!  I searched and searched for a freebie for this little horse...appliques are becoming another part of my super huge sewing addiction, but I saw this one and I just couldn't resist so I paid for her...it's gorgeous..but hey, she was only $4 and the way Gracie loves horses I think this will be used plenty!  

Anyway ladies, thanks for taking the time to visit with me today.  I have an awesome mash-up pair of denim pants cut out waiting to be sewn for Miss Gracie from this same pattern Olivia's...I think I may even make her Holly shirt to match them as well!


Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment